Sunday, April 19, 2009

Spring has SPRUNG!

I can not tell you how happy I was this weekend. The sunshine and warmth was a welcome and missed feeling. I had to work all through most of it but I lucked out on Saturday and only had to work a half day, so I was lucky enough to get my 11 mile run in AND take my youngest to his first soccer practice ever. He was super excited.
----
My run was enjoyed with my oldest son for the first 2 miles. He joined me on his bike as I ran. I warned him I would not be able to talk much. He was ok with that. He said he wanted to join me with the Fox Cities Half marathon in September. I had a killer tempo run on Thursday, so I was a bit nervous about my long run for Saturday. I had maintained a pace of 9:40 for 6 miles on Thursday. I was supposed to maintain a pace of 10:52 for all 11 miles. I didn't study my route for mile markers and I wasn't sure how slow or fast I was going. I was sweating a lot. I never realized how sweat can turn into sand as it dries on your face. I would wipe off some sweat only to feel pain. It was almost too warm for me, but I was delighted to have kept a pace of 10: 40!! for the 11 miles. I will be researching new hydration fuel for my next Long run, 12 miles next saturday... I am in the midst of 'HELL' week for me. I put in almost 30 miles last week. This week consists of a 4+ speed workout, 8 mile tempo run and a 12 mile Long run... Then begins the wonderful taper....ahhhh... oh, yeah! I guess could be worse... I could be running the Boston Marathon on Monday.... : ) Good Luck Jaynie and Alan!!
~ Then begins full on soccer season! I just learned on Saturday that between my 2 kids in soccer I will either be a practice or soccer games every Sunday, Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday for a good long while.... but I am looking forward to it! I love to see my kids outside and moving instead of sitting on their butts!! Have a Great Week... I will see you after HELL WEEK! (Maybe)

No comments: