Saturday, June 26, 2010

Hi- Ho- Silver!

Tomorrow. I ride.

I feel like it has been FOREVER since I used my road bike. Technically close to it is probably closer to 8 months.

My last ride was over 40 miles with my tri friend Dez. We wandered the roads near High Cliff and Wrightstown, Wisconsin. Weather was beautiful and we were fairly conditioned only months out from our hilly Olympic distance triathlon.

I used to complain, during my training, that I wanted my life back. I felt like all I was doing was biking, swimming or running. Now, I miss it.

Now, don't get me wrong. I am looking forward to this. A LOT. But the hills here are intimidating and my ego is annoyed that it, quite possibly, could be humbled.

I have been trying to find a decent place to bike.

I have found some short trails but not really made for faster speeds. I am not that fast. But wide open spaces are a bit, limited here. I am told about some converted train track in Indiana but I haven't gotten there yet.

I will be biking with the 'Head of the board of Directors' at the YMCA I work at. Her name is Becky. She is my saving grace, since I still haven't been able to find my bike helmet or tire pump. She said her basement is like 'MONTGOMERY WARD' so I will shop her stash.

We are trying to beat the heat, as it is said to be in the 90's here again tomorrow, so we are heading out at 7:30 am, that is 6:30 for you Wisconsin folk. Yep. So I should really get my butt to bed so I can muster the strength to haul it up these Kentucky hills tomorrow....

No comments: