Thursday, November 25, 2010

Our First Thanksgiving (in Kentucky)

This post is filled with 'FIRST's. We had a lot of them for Thanksgiving this year.

1A. For the first time EVER we both have off on Thanksgiving AND the day after. And they are PAID. SWEET!

1B. First time ever, we had NO FAMILY with us or traveled to be with family on Thanksgiving. Truly, it was ok. It was nice to be in our PJ's All day if we wanted. Not that I needed a break from my Parents and siblings, but it was just so nice being a small group. We were able to 'connect' today. It was nice not having to make sure the house was perfect, the food all came together at the right time, if we had enough chairs or worrying what time people were going to show up. It was just nice.

1C. Zeb offered and SET the table for us today! I didn't even ask him too. It was great!

1D. Well, it is NO SECRET that multi tasking while cooking is not my specialty, but we officially broke in the Tradition of something going wrong on Turkey day. Today I was trying to shop online AND cook beans and stuffing. It was going well until I smelt that distinguished aroma of fire. Alas, I was not a full fledged arson attempt, but Brock spent the next 10 minutes picking out the burnt beans from the pot, While I put the stuffing into a new contatiner without bringing the dark crispy parts from the pot.

1E. It has rained more in the past week than it has since we have been here in March. It has been great, just rainy. I can't believe for opening of Wisconsin gun season, I was outside running with SHORTS and a tank top on, and wasn't freezing!

1F. Got to play Wii Monopoly. After about 10 minutes Reece was looking to quit and play something else. After 30 more minutes he had forced us all into bankruptcy! (due to getting BOTH of the high cost spaces and then getting homes/hotels on them) His fees were $1400!! On one alone. Sheesh!

1G. For the first time we had NO LEGS or Wings on our turkey this year. Not that I meant to do that, but it came that way. Not sure why they would sell them that way. Didn't even know it was possible. I was ok with it. Kids were a bit bummed... but at least no one was able to fight over the legs! Right?

1H. I wish I had Bean-o in the house. You really don't wish you were me.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend Everyone!

No comments: