Saturday, December 18, 2004

No Room at the Inn....

Since we have a 3 bedroom house, 3 kids, and 2 adults; you just know that a couple of kids will be together.
I remember growing up in a simaliar situation (except all girls) and having to share my room with my sister Jill. My sister Jill is older then me. I am told that she didn't want me she wanted a brother. She resented that about me. She later began to resent me borrowing some clothes or even being on her side of the room. It seemed most of her childhood was spent resenting me for some reason or another. I don't want to blame her for everything, I pushed a few buttons now and then. But I always had the excuse that I am younger and don't know any better. : ]
Anyway, My oldest is getting up there in age. The kids really get along quite well. I thought it would be a good time to switch things around. Before things got worse (i.e. teenage years). Brock and Reece were sharing a good size bedroom. We had Zeb in his own since he was born for obvious reasons. On Tuesday, I put Zeb's toddler bed in with Reece and put Brocks half of the bunk set in Zeb's old room. That way the 7 and 2 yr old are together and the almost 10 year old will have his own room. Which my husband likes to remind me that he has ALWAYS had to share a bedroom,' even now I still have to share a room' he loves to say. No pity party here. He is stuck now!
Tuesday night we did our normal routine, brush teeth, pj's, turn on music, and finally bed. I was worried about the 2 yr old crying and wanting to go back to his room, but I realy didn't have any reason to. He just climbed in with a learning toys that makes noise and settled in. Reece hated that toy. I thought he would hate the lamp that we leave on a timer for Zeb. But nope. Thirty seconds after we closed the door Reece came walking in to our room.
"Zeb's toy is keeping me awake" he said.
I told him' you have 2 pillows stick your head in between them if it bothers you. If we take that toy away you realy won't like the noise.'
Grudgingly he went to bed with no more problems. My husband and I marveled at how well it worked. We didn't realize until then that we didn't have to get out of be and yell because Brock and Reece were playing Jungle Gym with their bunk bed.
It was quite, peaceful and almost erie.
The very next day Brock said to me "Mom, I had the best nights sleep ever!"
Reece was much less apreciative as he sat down to get dressed with his arms crossed and his back hunched. "Not Me." Reece said. "Zeb kept me awake all night with that toy!" to which I said 'It could have been much worse.'

Poor kid, I guess payback's kinda suck.

1 comment:

Sara said...

I had to share a room with Jill until I got sick, at which point Mom and Dad switched me to my own room and put you in the bedroom with Jill. Just so you know, she didn't like sharing a room with me either. Not that I didn't give her ample reason either, but Jill could be prickly. You, of course, know this. Well, Duner never had to share a room with her, or else, he might have a different opinion.