Saturday, January 22, 2005

I need a vacation!

I know things are Never easy before you go on vacation but this week has been peticularly stressful. First of course is having a two year old. Wow. He learned to many things this week.
He has mastered the baby locks on the cabinets (which will be coming down this weekend). What is the point of me having to push down the lock if he has figured out that pulling them open hard enough they will open.
Next was running. If he takes off running, then throws the object I am trying to get from him, he thinks he won't be in trouble?????
Next was dancing, this I must say was quite adorable. He was copying his brother Reece and break dancing.
Then there was the static shock that his brothers kept trying to do to each other.

The worst of his new found freedoms was in the Kitchen. He now can open the side by side refidgerator. He loves to bring out frozen food and give them to us. He has even figured out how fun it is to change foods to the freezer and to the fridge. Not to Mention other items. Thursday night my husband used our cell phone which is our home phone and thought he had left it in his car. We could not find it any where. We started thinking that we had someone take it out of his car while he worked overnight. This morning, guess where we found it.
Yep, it was in the freezer.
Zeb is now baby gated out of the kitchen. I still don't know how or where he got it and my husband can't remember how it got in the house.
But if you have ever worked nights it is hard to function during normal people hours so I will give him that.
Then the next issue this week was Brock. He was learing long division and did not understand it at all. We worked on it for 2 hours for 2 days. He was crying and very much lacking interest.
I am sure fractions will be a JOY!.

1 comment:

Sara said...

Tell Brock that division sometimes confuses me too. Hang in there though, Buddy. And I love fractions. I can think of them more logically because I can think of them as pictures. I think if it is explained like that, it will be easier to understand.