Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Ironman I am not..

I realize I have been a serious slacker as far as my blog goes.

I am trying to fix this problem now. Where does the time go?

Oh I know, it could be the fact that I am sitting here wishing I could go to bed since Monday thru Friday I have to wake up at 6am or earlier (if I have to work) to get the kids ready and on the bus. It picks them up at or just before 7am.

It could be the chaos of 3 different schools for 3 kids. Zeb in Pre K, Reece in 3rd grade and Brock in Jr High! All of which have different systems for doing things. All of which send home papers anytime they feel like it, unlike there previous school that sent things home in a friday folder, which I do miss.

It could also be buying a car one weekend in Alsip Illinois, off Ebay, and visiting my sister with the boys the next. Lots of Driving!

My sister had a nice blog about our visit. We went to the space place and watched the space shuttle atlantis take off. It was pretty cool. We also took the kids bowling. Not really much new there. I still suck, Zeb gave up on the 2nd time down the lane, Reece is SO DRAMATIC, and Brock is just lucky enough to have some of Duners Bowling genes. My sister wasn't bad either.

We made big signs for the Wisconsin Ironman Triathletes that we cheered on Sunday. It was a bearly balmy 59 degrees for a high and rainy and windy. How would you like to swim for 2 hrs, bike for 112 miles and run for 26 with conditions like that?
OUCH! Pain, serious PAIN! I talked to Dr Al today (Day 3 post Ironman), he has retired now from doing the Ironman. He will still continue with the Local Triathlons, but no more Ironmans. His wife is still doing them though. She finished in over 14 hrs, it took him over 16 hours. It was almost midnight when he finished. Start was 7am.

You know it is bad when you have to shift with your arms because your hands no longer work. You take an additional 10 minutes in the Port-o-potty because you can't lift your pants, you dread going down the hills because you can't stop your bike. That is some big mental strength to finish and sign up the next day.

Well I am being paged.... Next time...

No comments: