Sunday, September 24, 2006

That time of year!

I just love this time of year! The colors, the temp, the smells, especially at Warrens Cranberry festival! Everyone sells autumn and cabin decor, candles, oils that fill the air with country baked goodies. Each year I go I never know what to expect for the weather, but I can almost guarntee that it is not the same weather we have at home. We had rain one year that was on and off, but otherwise we had overcast or sunny weather. This year was sunny and warm. It was almost too warm for the longsleeve T-shirt I wore that day. My first buy was a huge sweater that I wasn't planning for. It was SO SOFT and only 10 bucks!!! How could I go wrong?

The girls I went with were from work. I wasn't planning on going but at the last minute we pulled together and went. I was hoping to buy som window clings that I bought last year for the old house. They made ANY window look and feel like a real stain glass window. I didn't have alot of money. I managed to spend enough money to come home with some change only. I wish I could have bought a lot more. They had a 50/50 raffle when we were there that we could have gotten into. The top winner won 1,500 cash, 2nd place won 500, I don't know the rest I lost track, I had started day dreaming about how nice it would have been to come with little money and end up with lots. I can't say I would come home with all the money, but I would come home with more.

At one point I had to chuckle, a husband and wife walked by me and the he said to her, "You know, the more you buy the more stuff you will have at home." I think he was along to limit her 'stuff'.

1 comment:

Sara said...

Hm...don't tell Duner...he'll want to come to Warrens next time to monitor YOUR shopping!