Wednesday, March 11, 2009


My Oldest is officially 14. He is now able to work part time in limited areas, he can now use the lifestyle center at the Y by himself, and he can now pump my gas in the freezing weather. (YES!) Ok, so maybe that last part I added, but I am SO glad to have a gas boy. *wait -- that did not sound right.**
Ok.
Given that I was able to do my speed run earlier in the day we were able to work in Brock's favorite new place to eat in the valley here. FUDDRUCKERS. He loved it. The place just opened up last Monday, but they were doing pretty good. There was probably 70 people there and we got there about 5pm! After a short wait we ordered and found our seat. I tried to get a nice pic of Brock but that is next to impossible when he was giddy with delight.
He had gotten a package from my sister, a game for the Wii, but I was making him wait to open til his birthday on Tuesday. He asked me everyday if he could open it. I let him have only one guess as to watch she got him, but it was wrong, so I didn't let him open it any earlier.
Tuesday we had the classes at the YMCA, so we didn't have much time, but I picked up a nice cheese cake for his birthday cake. He REALLY likes his strength class at the Y, there is a really nice looking girl in it. He is looking to impress as many as possible.
Tonight I had to do a 4 mile tempo run and he begged to join me at the Y. Cool! Ok! I thought. Then we got there. He changes his pants and heads to the vending area. (??) I begin my workout on the treadmill (so I could make sure I was maintaining my pace) and I didn't see him for the first 3 miles. At about 3.25 miles he hops on the treadmill next to me and begins to talk my ear off while he jogs, even though I have my ipod in. Short time later he hops off. That was quick, I thought. He said he had to go to the bathroom and would be back. I looked at the distance on the machine.... it said 0.14. What?? That's all? I didn't see him again till I was almost done. Then he worked on all the weight machines, mainly for his arms.
After my cool down I move to the wall to stretch and he magically appears telling me how sore his arms are and how much he LOVES to 'workout'.
I think his mouth did most of the work.
But I am glad to see that I am not the only one in my family that is using our membership. Willingly!

No comments: