Monday, March 30, 2009

Pouring Down

They say when it rains it pours...

Drop one... Our Durango decided it hates us. Both Driver and passenger windows are not working. In fact, we have duct tape on the Driver side, and a metal hanger holding up the passenger side.... I know, Classy!!

Drop two... Our Saturn, that we just bought in August, needed $3000 worth of repair (according to the Saturn dealership)... Thermostat, wheel bearing, and AWD shaft. Nice. I. Know. But Good news! The dealer we bought it from - not Saturn- is going to pay half (even though we did NOT have the warranty) doing the repair at his shop... Yay!

Drop three... Duner is off of overtime... I knew it would not last forever, but it sure lasted longer than many companies around here. They have taken emplyees off their 24/7 rotation. They are taking volunteers for lay off, and working M-F 40 hrs only.

Drop four... My work (a health care facility) is no longer matching our 403b (aka 401k). And is delaying our annual raises due to the economy. *sigh* At least we have our jobs, Right?

Drop five... I am quickly losing steam as my half marathon is approaching... I need some NICE weather to help me want to get out there and RUN! *Reece told me the other day "Mom, since you've been back it has been all cold and dreary." Um, thanks Reece. Do you mean weather or ambience? -he meant weather... Really!

Drop six... We woke up today with NO HOT WATER. Lovely. You don't know how much you use it til it is gone.

Then again, water helps things grow too!

Grow one... After almost 2 months with out it I should be getting my Saturn back tomorrow! (Cross your fingers!)
Grow two... We are getting our Durango fixed hopefully this week.
Grow three... All of my boys are healthy and growing quickly. Reece and Zeb have started Soccer practices. We have high hopes this year!
Grow four... I was lucky enough to have a M. A. S. S. A. G. E today... I can't tell you how nice that was. She said she found some knots... go figure. Knots!
Grow five... We were able to finish some long overdue projects in the basement this past week... all molding is 99.9% done, and Brock's window is framed in. (Amazing how much that warms up the room!)
Grow Six... Thanks to the hot water heater repair (under warrenty) I had the guy quickly put in a water shut off that we needed for a outside faucet we enclosed.
Grow Seven... I had the best presents given to me today. Zebbie wrapped up .27 cents and a bunch of paper money and gave it to me. FOR NO REASON! Love it! He knows how to treat a girl!
Grow Eight.... After removing the boys from Cable TV for a quarter the grades have improved. Not to mention somebodys attitude too!

I have more to be thankful for than not. I am one lucky Mother.

No comments: