Monday, May 31, 2010

Unexpected Weekend get-a-way!

So, I am at work on Friday. A co-worker pulled out the calendar and says to me, "So, you have off on Monday.' What? Really?? Color me surprised!! Duner wanted to head home to Wisconsin for the weekend and, now we were both off!

We quickly made some sandwiches for supper and packed a cooler to eat as we drove. We headed out about 6pm. We thought with the 'holiday' weekend traffic would be bad. We were pleasantly surprised. We have learned a few tricks, such as avoiding 'downtown Chicago' with Interstate 294 and going around the big city. We didn't have a lot of CASH on hand since we sort of decided this at the last minute, so we had almost enough money for tolls but found out on our last toll, that they do not accept debit cards. 'WHAT??' So the poor people behind us had to wait while she wrote down out license plate number and gave us a bill for $1.50 with a warning to pay our bill in seven days!!! Yikes.
Note to self: purchase an IPASS for tollways.

Ok, so we arrived and checked into our hotel by 2am and drifted off to sleep. We played the weekend by ear, as soon as I learned we were going to Wisconsin I made an appointment to have my eyes checked (cuz I needed some contacts and haven't found a new eye doctor yet). We have a great eye doc. He worked my oldest boys in behind my visit and gave us a discount. I will miss him. We headed to my parents for lunch, Duner's family for the rest of the day in their campsites. Sunday the boys got to play with there friends from Wisconsin and we visited with some old neighbors and friends. Thanks Sarah (and girls), Andrea, Aaron and Kim, Tammy (and family), Alan and Jaynie, Sandi (and boys) for letting us drop in somewhat unannounced! I am sorry for any family and friends we missed out on seeing this weekend, time goes so fast sometimes!

Today we are hitting the pool at the hotel with the boys and their friends before we drop them off and head home to Kentucky. The boys have 1.5 days left of school then they are off til August 17th, when school begins again... They would have gotten out of school earlier this year but Kentucky had so many snow days it extended the year.

I have a busy week ahead of me. My first Arbonne party in Kentucky, working extra at RC Durr YMCA and starting a new Job on Friday. I will be working part-time for Convergy's/Eye Med, answering members questions about deductibles, coverages for their insurance. After the training period, I will be able to work from home. That is what I really like about that. Plus I can get benefits and vacation time!

Have a great week everyone!

1 comment:

toni brockman said...

Hi Rachel

Sorry I haven't gotten back to you, but I hate to be on the computer. How are you and the family? Did the kids like school in Kentucy? Sorry I missed you when you were home. Your mom and dad were at the clinic after that visit, and said, you were home. Making lots of friends of course you are so easy to like. Going thourgh lots of csr's at work. Can you tell that I'm not as good as you are in writing. :) Wanted to say hi to you when you e-mailed Teri' to say Happy B-Day, but she wouldn't say hi because it was her special e-mail from you. What ever!!! Teri's has gotten a little better, but over all still the same Teri'. Enough about work, I like to leave it at the front door when I come home.
Haven't gone up north much this yr, but maybe this summer we will find more time to spend up there. I started a face book, but haven't been in it at all to do any pictures yet. I haven't even had time to e-mail any class mates who have requested to be my friend.
I have to go, but I hope you don't give up on sending me you blog. I really injoyed reading it tonite.

You take care lol, Toni

PS I will be a Grandma again on June 26 or around there. I will send you some picture of the kids. They are sooooo quite, but then I'm their Grandma> :) :)