Thursday, September 23, 2010

New job. New Race.

I am beyond excited to report I will soon be a one job person!!!
I do like working at the CC ymca, but boy, if I only had one job to dress for... oh boy!!! I am excited!

So I was working for the RC Durr YMCA on Saturdays, CC YMCA on Monday's, Wednesday's and Friday's, then Christ Hospital for about 4-5 hours Monday thru Friday. Whew, I am tired just writing about it!

So rewind to last month.

My job at RC Durr.
I liked that job. Until manager #1 went on leave and manager#2 took over. Let's just say I worked 2 days a month. She had issues, we will leave it at that. I gave my notice last week. Just before manager #1 gave her notice too.

My Job at Campbell County Y.
I love working with Terry. She used to be a manager until she went thru treatments for colon cancer. Now, she is just a full time employee, with a bit of anger. I get it. I really do. They basically GAVE her job to the aquatics director... who could care less about the front desk staff. We are kind of an after thought. Communication is um, lacking. But overall I like it.

My job at The Christ Hospital.
I was just informed today that I have been approved for an increase in my hours to 32 hours per week, which is the magic number that I needed for me to be able to quit the CC ymca! PLUS I get benefits!!
  • 10 days PTO!
  • Paid holidays, and THE DAY OFF AFTER THANKSGIVING PAID! (for those of you who know me, know I have worked that day more often than I wanted to for MANY years)
  • insurance (we have a REALLY high deductible plan with Duner's work)
  • workout credit toward ins! (if I workout 3x a week, I get $ off my insurance!) Sweet!!!
  • I still pick my 32 hours, when I want to! I will be able to get the boys off to school, work while the boys are in school and head home when they get done and Duner comes home from work. Perfect!
Which is perfect, since I am training for a Chicago Half Marathon on halloween. I sure would love to dress up, but it would have to be something that can be washed and get sweaty. Up to 8 or 9 miles this weekend.

Hopefully the weather will dip below the 80's for it!

No comments: