Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Back from Vacation

Hi All,
Boy did we have a great vacation!
Thursday we went to Kennedy Space Center. We saw lots of alligators and armodillos. It was very interesting, if you go you have to do the bus tour. When we went throught the checkpoint, we were in line behind some amish. How do they know about space exploration? It was neat. I even took a picture.
Friday we started out on the rainy side but we still went to Universal Studios Islands of Adventure. It was GREAT! I highly recommend the Island of Adventure if you have kids. I had to pull the kids out of Camp Jurassic. They were having so much fun. Camp Jurassic is like a playset at a really big play land made out of rock, cement and rope. There were dark caves, climbing ropes instead of stairs, water guns, water fountation (that if you didn't know they were there you could easily get wet.) Reece went on his first Roller coaster called the flying Unicorn, but since he thinks he will get laughed at for it he calls it the flying Dragon. We also went on Dr Suess Cat in the Hat, Carosel, 1 fish 2 fish, Jurassic Park water boat tour, Posiden's Fury, a very cool spiderman, and the kids went on a scrambler type ride.
Midway thru the day we stopped for a bite to eat. We bought 1 chicken tenders meal and 1 double cheeseburger meal and 2 sodas and it was plenty for 2 adults and 3 kids. That came to 22 dollars. I cant imagine how much money (and food) would go to waste if we ordered one meal for everyone. I wanted to go on a few more rides but my family was too chicken, and with a 2yr old in tow I didn't want to make everyone wait while I went on it myself. Which ended up ok afterall. Just after we left the park I found out that the Incredible Hulk ride got hung up upside down for 4 hours. Which would have been just my luck.
Saturday we went to Universal Studios and back to Islands of Adventure later on. We did Jimmy Neutron, Shrek 4D, Twister (which was a disappointment), Jaws, Men In Black, and a show about how they put on gross make up in horror movies, which was fantastically hilarious!
I wanted to do Earthquake but it was closed for maintnance til the Saturday after we get back.
We finished up later by going to Hard Rock Cafe for Souveniors, and of course Camp Jurassic in Islands of Adventure.
Sunday was Sea World. Very cool, the kids got to feed and pet Stingrays and Dolophins. We watched Shamu (safely out of the Soak Zone.) We saw the budweiser Clydesdales on a stroll with the carriage through the park. Duner had some free beer from Budweiser. I was little cold that day so we bought a sweatshirt for 20.00, which was pretty reasonable.
Monday we went to Daytona Beach Raceway. We took a tour and bought some shirts and soveniors really cheap. We also got to see Dale Jr's actual race car that he won the Daytona 500 with last year! Still had the dirt and confetti on it.
We finished the day by going to Cocoa Beach and walking on the beach, collecting shells and letting the kids freeze there butts off by running in to the ocean. Kind of puts that tsunami thing in perspective.
But all in all , Great trip. I don't care for the state of Florida, they have the longest street lights on earth and tollways every where. I doubt we will go there again anytime soon.

1 comment:

Sara said...

Hi Rach: Just read your vacation blog and saw the pictures. Sounds like you had a great time. I made the picture of the kids looking into the aquarium into my background for my computer at work. Glad to have you back and posting. Love, Sara.