Friday, August 11, 2006

Getting Bigger

I took Brock in for registration at school the other day. It will be a new school for him so we both didn't know what to expect. Co-workers warned me they would be taking his picture so we 'studed' him up for the night. He looked so grown up in the picture. It really turned out well. I am so excited about it.
Reece and Zeb have registration later on in the month on the same night. I am hoping my husband will be off work so he can go with one of them. We were hoping Zeb would be in some form of pre K in our public schools but he misses the turning 4 rule by 17 days. We had him tested anyway and they had some concerns with his abilities to answer questions, colors and numbers. He is very stubborn and doesn't usually like to answer questions about colors and numbers when we try. If he does it is no more that 5 questions, before he is done. He actually was co operating with the teachers when they tested him but probably since other kids were answering the questions too.
We went to fireworks last night at my work. They blocked it off for employees only. What a bummer. There was some good fireworks but I probably would have enjoyed better from my backyard. I thought maybe the ground show would be better. It was cold too. The boys didn't want to were pants which they ended up regreting.
Today they woke up and tried to play there computer and it told Brock MASTER HARD DISK FAIL. Later Reece woke up and didn't believe Brock so he tried it himself. IT WORKED! Reece came up dancing and singing "The computer likes me, The computer likes me!". Brock was on the verge of tears so I said "So does the Vacuum, now clean up the toy room before anyone uses the computer."
Under the right circumstances you can get your kids to do quite a lot.
: ]

1 comment:

Sara said...

WHen I come up, we might have to replace that hard disk.