Saturday, October 21, 2006

Food Pantry Day

Today was Boy Scout Food Pantry day. It means I drive around and find food that people have left on their door step for local pantries in the area. Our area was a mix of rental (duplexs, industrial and residential neighborhoods).

I had to empty out the huntin' stuff out of my truck (hopefully Duner remembers BEFORE going huntin' next time). I headed to Duners work and stuffed his trunk with the stuff and left the hatch open on the Durango so the boys could run and grab quickly. Since Brock was at camp Zeb was eagar and very willing to help out. He grabbed all the homes on the right side and Reece had the left. As Luck had it Reece was a busy guy. All the homes with food seemed to be on the left side today. I think Zeb had a total of 4. But he loved to help out.

One house in peticular gave VERY GENEROUSLY! 48 cans of Campbells soup, 16 Green Giant green beans and 8 cans of Campbell Chunky soup! WoW! I had to get out and load in the 2 cases of Soup, they were way to heavy for Reece.

For brief periods of time I had to drive on a slightly busy road, maybe 10 seconds worth, and Reece informed me that we should NEVER do that again because that was embarassing. When I laughed a little long he said "Ok Mom, It wasn't that funny."

He. He. He.

No comments: