Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Oh Christmas Tree...

On Sunday we made arrangements with Cory and Shannon to go Christmas tree shopping with them. It was very cold.

While we were waiting for them to get ready Duner and Cory were discussing the future trip that they want to go on in appx 2 years. They are going hunting in Montana somewhere. Shannon and I said ok if you do that we get to go somewhere else, like New York. Sounds like fun to me!!! New York is one trip Duner NEVER cares to go on, nor do I want to go hunting, so That would be nice. We get along really well. We will call it the 'widow's weekend'.

We drove around for one and a half hours looking in Oshkosh for a Christmas Tree. Brrr... We found some Charlie Brown trees at Steins for 30.00 or if we wanted to pay up to 80.00 we could have bought from one off the street vendor. He had some very nice trees but give me a break!!!
Appleton is peppered with all kinds of trees! I don't know if Oshkosh has something against tree vendors but they are not to be found in Oshkosh. So we just went home without a tree....

Zebbie did Such a GREAT job on Sunday going to the potty, but took a step back yesterday. He knows better but he just doesn't want to do it.
As I drove errand after errand yesterday I found a $20 tree vendor with some nice trees in Appleton, so after Duner got out of work Reece came with us and picked out our tree. Reece was so proud. We did have to drive the tree to Oshkosh but that was ok.... I think today I am going to try to get the lights out of storage. I can see them but i can't really reach them. I am going to try use the ladder in storage to reach them.
We shall see.
Today St Nick came to visit the kids, all of the kids got a lego 'x-pod', I Spy books, movies and of course candy. Chocolate of course. Reece got the movie Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Brock got the movie 'The Pacifier' and Zeb got the movie 'Robots'. They also got goofy fake teeth that we told Reece he should lit Grandpa use for teeth.

Happy St Nicks Day!

No comments: