Sunday, July 23, 2006

Things you don't see everyday!

This is proof that even a 3 yr old will sit down and read if he had the right reading material.
I just had to take this picture, he was so cute sitting all by himself looking through this book.


I have been slacking in the exercise dept, so I took the kids out to high cliff since Saturday was a beautiful day to bike, at least up in central to northern WI in some spots. We have been very much missing any and all rain around here. It stinks. All of our lawns are so sad looking. I broke down and watered it last week Sunday and Tuesday we got a thunderstorm, FINALLY! It always seems to miss us.
Anyway, we had started out parking down below and riding to the top... er... walking to the top. I didn't make it very far at all, before walking. Again I have been a slacker. We always go through the trails and over to a tower that you can climb up and get an excellent view. The kids were pretty tuckerd out and were whining about having to climb the tower, but being the mean mom that I am I dragged them up it anyway. I told the kids to be quite because there was a wedding at a nearby shelter going on as we got there.

After we left the park I had the kids was the car since I was going to take them to a Drive-In Movie Theater to see Monster House and Click. We had to get their early enough since they only allow the first 300 cars. They open at 6:30pm and we were there at 7:15 and we were car number 30, but I think they filled up. We brought blankets and the Electronic Sorry game. We didn't have supper so we got a pizza from there. I had limited funds and they only accept cash. We had to split sodas all night. Later we got a tub of popcorn and some fifty cent bags of peanuts. I didn't have soda at home or I would have brought some.

That was a super fun family night. They had volleyball and basketball set up just under the screen so while you waited you could spend some family time together. We set out one of the many blankets on the lawn behind our SUV. We parked it backwards so we could lay down in the back. I really was expecting more mosquito's but I didn't have a single one!

Both would good movies, Duner was really bummed since he had to work and wanted to see both of these movies. He called me twice that night from work. I think he wanted me hold the phone to the speaker so he could listen too. ?? Who calls someone they know is going to be at a movie???

We finally made it out at Midnight last night and Zeb was already asleep. He didn't make it past the 2nd movie.

Bright and early I was awaken by Duner. The dogs started to bark and he went to check it out and this is what we saw.

Apparently the dogs don't like Hot Air Ballons.
It was a few house's away. It was close enough for the people to yell "Good Morning" to us. Again, at 6:30 am!
I don't think they were trying to land. Either they were practicing or waiting for a second balloon that showed up a few minutes later. They didn't land, but they bounced along the ground in the second picture.















Today I also went for my consultation for my Monday Morning Makeover. I will save that for another post.

3 comments:

Sara said...

What an amazing way to wake up! A hot air balloon alarm clock!

Duners2 said...

The pictures didn't do it justice, It looks far away in the pictures but it was so close !

Sara said...

I love that picture of Zebbie! What a little cutie pie!