Saturday, July 29, 2006

What a day...

We started this am doing some last minute cleaning before the new baby sitter came. Her name is Jenny. She is 13. (Brock is 11 but I don't trust him yet) We gave her the low down and proceed to the golf course. It is set in the middle of Farmland, with a few homes on the outskirts, which is why they named it Countryside. Last week my husband and I golfed the front 9 with some friends of ours and today for the tournament we golfed the back 9. We played a scramble, which is the most fun way to play. We were a team of 4 women and we all shoot off from the first Tee and you play from where ever the best shot was. It was GREAT! The weather was supposed to be hot and humid but for the start it was overcast and breezy. We could not go wrong with that weather!

We learned a lot about our neighbors, it seems quite a few of them are all realated or know someone that is married to someone else. Which would explain why so many are SO nice!

We didn't win any prizes but had some great time getting to know the neighbors, which didn't stop with the golf. We then were invited to a neighbors house with the rest of the area for a 'pre block party'. The kids Loved it since they were able to swim steady since 4pm. I just left them at 9pm and Brock and Reece were still swimming! They were having a ball. It was getting dark so Zeb and I walked home for the night. I can't believe in all this heat today and we spent the majority of it outside. We will sleep well today.

I just hope we can make up in time for our new nephew's baptism at 11 am in Oshkosh. It is kind of important, seeing as I will be the boys God Mother. Yea!!! I can't wait!

1 comment:

Sara said...

I went and played golf a couple of times and I'm really bad. But I always have fun! Your day sounds great!