Saturday, November 18, 2006

All about me and Zebbie...

I am a widow this weekend. A hunters widow.
My oldest 2 kids and husband are up at the cabin, enjoying the cold, fending for themselves, badly misbehaving... I am sure. I am glad I am not there. I dropped off Brock today, while I was there I was enjoying the mess and thinking... I am so glad I don't have to pick that up! I really had to fight off the urge to put a paper plate in the garbage. I even caught myself telling the kids to pick up a bowl, that was probably not theirs! Old habits die hard.

Brock baby sat last night for me so I could go for a night out with the girls. Julie and Ang, to be exact. I RARELY get to do this, even though if you ask my mother, I shouldn't have any fun in my life. The mention of me going out with the girls ALWAYS brings a sour look to her face and she becomes quiet and short. I really don't remember the last time I went out with my friends, it was that long ago. They are a riot. They have great comebacks for any one that might approach us. I do not do well, but Julie is always there to save me. I just am so afraid to say the wrong thing, but not Julie, she is such a good friend. Her sister too! She works at the last beverage stand we stopped at. By then it was very late and the Losers were looser than ever. One gentleman came up to me and said "I had been fantizing about you all night". Hmmmm... If I would have been thinking I would have said "Gee, since I don't know you and just walked in the door 5 minutes ago I find that hard to believe, so get lost." But all I had to do was give Julie this Yikes look and she was right there with a comment for him. Apparently it didn't phase him because he then said the exact same thing to her.... We decided to find a different place to sit and he followed us and then Julies sister said " Please leave my friends alone, Sir!' Yeahh!! It is good to know the help, not to mention some free food and beverages...

I heard all about the great deals you can get shopping so I decided to scoop it out. There was some nice clearence stuff I found. Zebbie was bribed into leaving the cabin with me so I had to buy him something. He chose another lighting Mcqueen car. Go figure. I probably spent 15 extra minutes in the store since every time he saw a 'CARS' item he absolutely wanted it. Even if it was a night light. He even said "I will get that if I lose my cars blanket, Mom' as he pointed to a sleeping bag/pillow combo they have out now. No Isle is safe from that stuff! Even clothes, food and toiletries~! I kept picking the WRONG isle. Grrr.
Zeb is watching Nascar racing on TV right now and is saying 'Go Lighting Mcqueen Go!' How cute!

1 comment:

Sara said...

I'm glad you were able to go out and enjoy yourself. It's important to do that. And it sounds like Zebbie was having fun with you!