Sunday, November 12, 2006

Career Abitions...

Brock spent all day Saturday at the Red Cross going thru Baby sitting training.
He was supposed to bring a lunch, so I had him pack one Friday night before bed. He didn't want to since he wouldn't know what he would be hungry for... I laughed. Brock not hungry? Is that possible. I think not! I told him just make a sandwhich because by the time lunch comes on Saturday he would gladly eat cardboard if that is what they offered him. He also grabbed a granola bar, goldfish crackers and a soda. The entire walk into the building was filled with Brock telling me how he was going to blame me if anyone asked why he had a lunch. Paranoid?
He was terrified when we got there. I was introducing him to his teacher and as I turned to look at him I couldn't find him. He was hiding behind me! I asked his teacher, who was VERY welcoming and happy, where we can put his lunch and she directed us to a table FILLED with other lunches. See lots of others!
About 3:30pm I returned to pick him up and waited in the parking lot til I saw other parents leaving with their kids. I didn't want to get out of my warm car til I had to.
When I walked in Brock was trying to call my cell. He couldn't wait to ask if I could buy him a first aid kid and bag for $15! I luckily left my purse in the car. "It can fit my new book' he said.
As we proceeded home he told me that since I was family I got a discount of .50 cents. He would normally charge 1.00 but since I was Mom he would only charge half that.
He is already asking my if I have to leave to do anything... We ran out of paper towel to today he told me and immediately followed that with I will watch Reece and Zeb!

No comments: