Saturday, November 25, 2006

Friends and Family

The best week of the year came so slow and went so fast!

I had to send along deli turkey and buns for the Thanksgiving feast at Zeb's School. I had also volunteered to host thanksgiving this year at my house. I bought the unlucky bird Monday and began to thaw out per directions in the fridge. We decided to add some ham to the menu as well. Which was a hit so I am glad we did. Tuesday was filled with appt after appt for some reason, so I was glad when Reece's Boy Scouts ended up getting cancelled.

I had to work only one day this week. Wednesday was it. Yippppeee! That day couldn't go by fast enough. The last 5 minutes my co-workers and I sat and literally counted the minutes. After work I came home and made sure the turkey was defrosting. I ended up throwing it in water just to on the safe side.

I woke up on Thanksgiving morning to Zeb at my bedside, quiet except for the swallowing noise he was making. I quickly hopped up and than the heaves started. I grabbed my garbage can, the closest thing to me and held it up the his throat. After some spitting he said he was ok.

Ok Great, I am supposed to have 5 other people here, make dinner and help a sick child? Yikes!

I quickly when in to rush mode. I made sure Zeb was comfy and thought immediately of my sister, who commonly would fall ill on a hoilday. I then figured I better call my mom and give her an update if to let her know the new saga. I was perfectly fine with throwing it in high gear and having it, but I didn't know how others would feel. She said they didn't mind and he actually seemed to perk up. I found myself having to almost disipline Dad and Zeb for running around chasing each other before the people got there.

After the meal it was on the the planning for our trip. See sisters great blog for that story here...

When she headed off for home, I wasn't as tired as I thought I would be. I lost Reece to a friends house, Brock too. Zeb went hunting with Duner and I was by myself. I quickly ran downstairs, found the toys that I had hid and wrapped them. Yipppeee! Done with that! I then changed the 'theme' of the front of the house to Christmas, and put away some of the thanksgiving/fall decor.

Reece came home about 5 and asked if he could have a friend sleep over. I said sure. He is a adorable quiet little kid. He has the cutest dimples and from what Brock tells me his sister is pretty cute too. (I think that is why he went over there)

We got 3 movies last night.
You, Me and Dupree was very cute.
Monster House, the boys loved it! Zeb got scared, it was so cute. He was hiding in various places. At one point he stood in front of the TV almost paralyzed and said "Scared!", then managed to dart off to his bedroom.
I also rented Match point, I didn't like this. I should know better. I didn't realize it but it was a woody allen film. I have not ever seen one of them I like. They are boring.

Well I had to finish You, Me and Dupree this am since I fell asleep last night, I was more tired then I realized since waking up at 3am for the shopping.

This am I woke up to Reece telling me his friend David had just vomited. Bummer. It was 7.30am. I was still tired, since the kids were still up late and I could here them playing around, once I went to bed. So I called his mom and she picked him up.

No comments: