Saturday, December 09, 2006

Sooo SICK!

Zeb had been coughing all week. It started wish a random cough here or there.
St Nick came early, while the kids were in school, since he had a lot of other places to be. Brock got the new Pirates of the Carribean, PJ's and magnetix, Reece got Jurrasic Park Operation Genesis, pj's and magnetix, and Zebbie got Cars for PS2, pj's, Cars slipper socks, and magnetix. He LOVED his game. He was so excited he played on it for 2 hrs straight. He wanted to get his time in before Reece would want to play his game. He was so happy when Reece had to go to school, so he would get his time in on the PS2 with his game. Normally he is happy to be with Brock and Reece but this week he was happy to be alone.
Then Thursday, he started to cuddle and want to lay down. I was trying to get Christmas Cards out and he kept climbing on my lap and laying down. I took his temp but it didn't show anything. I gave him some cough med and he went to sleep. I let him fall asleep with Brock.
Friday morning I had Grandma bring him to the doctor. I didn't want him to go all weekend with it. Not to mention the pneumonia that he had in October/November... so I had him checked out.
Turned out to be a double ear infection with chest congestion.
The doctor said she was surprised he wasn't complaining about his ears, since they looked pretty bad. She didn't feel doing an xry would be worth while at this time since he was going to be on an antibiatic for the ear infection anyway.
So 10 days, 3 times a day we will be giving him the good tasting medicine. He likes it, and that makes it easy to take. The last time he was on that med, he was reminding me when he needs to take his med.
I was glad we brought him in cause after the appt he rested ALOT, and his eyes were so puffy even if he smiled at you it looked like he was still sleeping.
Such a trooper...
I wish the kids in school, wouldn't share so much. He has never been so sick!

1 comment:

Sara said...

Poor Zebbie! I hope he is feeling better now!