Saturday, December 02, 2006

O Christmas Tree...


We picked up our Christmas Tree on Saturday last week at one of those cut your own places. We had always talked about doing that but never did. It was fun. I think next year we will go to one that has the sleigh/horse ride and hot cocoa, to really make it something special. The boys liked picking out their tree.
The boys begged me to let the put some lights on the tree Sunday. We were not sure since our Xmas tree stand is on it last leg. We will be grabbing on off clearence this year or early next year. I let them get out the decorations and start loading the tree. Reece was doing a pretty good job. Then it was Brocks turn. He had a hard time doing it. I think he just wanted it to be done. Reece ended up taking over and got a bit lazy and we had what looked like it as a tree made from lights. All of the lights were resting on top of the branch and they were sagging down. Patches of the tree were neon and some pitch black. I ended up trying to fix the tree but just had to start all over. I was not wanting to do that since I had lifted weights that am and my arms were tired.
After I had the lights on I let the kids place all the ornaments. The loved it. I dug out the video camera and dusted it off (it hadn't been used in about 2 years.) I put it on the charger and recorded the kids a bit but they were more interested in being silly on camera, so I taught them how to use it and they went nuts. They had fun wrestling with Zeb and recording each other.

Since we had such an unfamiliar Christmas I think they were very happy to get things started so soon. Even if our tree dies before we open our presents.

No comments: