Sunday, June 17, 2007

Oh what a day

After a disappointing week for the boys, I decided to treat them for a fun day Saturday.

I took them Strawberry picking first thing in the afternoon. It's such a good feeling for them to accomplish something like seeing there buckets fill up. They are contributing to the family, and it makes them feel important. It was a great day to get out and enjoy the weather. It was warm but overcast. One year the mosquito's were awful, but yesterday there was none to be found. I wish I had my camera to take a picture of the kids.

Afterwards, I took the kids to Tom's drive in. We used to live near one, but it had been a long time since we went to one. This one was unique, since it had carnival themes everywhere. Pictures, games, and parts of rides used for seating. We had to get some groceries and I know how much worse it would have been if we hadn't eaten.

When we got home we dug out a canning kit. The place we picked the strawberries had some recipes that Brock wanted to try. It was a Strawberry Jam recipe. We had 8 jars that we filled with the jam. Brock was so happy when we finished he exclaimed "Finally we're JAMMERS!".
I didn't realize that kids strived to be 'jammers'.

After cleaning up we went for a drive to get some Father's Day things. Then we went to the drive in theater. They were playing Are we Done Yet. It was ok. I would have liked to see Shrek 3 or Pirates of the Carribean, but the kids couldn't agree.

The kids were so tired when we got home that Zeb walked in the bathroom and tried to pee, but he forgot to lift the cover and seat so I had a mess to clean up before I went to bed.

No comments: