Saturday, July 07, 2007

Fun in the Sun

Today we hung around home until 1pm. With weather in the 90's, it was just too warm to NOT go swimming. Since we have a pass for High Cliff we headed out to the big lake. I brought my camera, but I never got to take any pictures!

There was a very nice breeze off the lake. One of the best parts of being at that beach is it's size. It is so HUGE that you don't feel like you are on top of anyone. The kids especially loved the big waves to play in, thanks to the breeze.

Zeb spent a large part of the time on a small raft. Once in a while the wind would take the end that Zeb was not on and flop on his head. It acted like a nice cover from the kids big water gun that they brought with them.

Brock and Reece took turns trying to drown Dad. I tried to teach Brock how to swim, like I do in Triathlons but it was too wavy today.

After an hour and a half, we decided it was time to air dry. We all forgot to bring towels, so we let the breeze and sun dry us off, then we headed home.

The kids don't know it yet but I think we will do the Drive In tonight. They are playing Ratatouille and Pirates of the Carribean. They kids are going to be so excited.

I better take a nap, it is going to be a late one.

No comments: