Monday, July 09, 2007

Huge Disappointing Day.

On Sunday morning I managed to get Duner to come for a run with me. It was hot outside. I wanted to run earlier in the morning but I knew Duner had to work til 2am so I didn't think he would be up to getting up too early.
It was hot, hazy and humid. We ran only 1 out of 3 miles, and that was torture. The Sun was blazing down on us. I realized about 1/4mi into it that I should have put on sunscreen.

Then we had to go to a birthday party for my Aunt. For some reason our A/C is not working in our car. We had to drive over an hour and a half to get to the party.In the heat. All the windows were down. We also had the sun roof open. Again I should have brought along Sunscreen I said as we drove away from the house. Of Course, I got a nice burn to show from it.

We missed getting into the movies at the Drive-in on Saturday night so We decided to try last night. I spent most of the time while Duner was at work watching the weather radar, since storms were rolling through the area. My adorable son Z, decided he wanted have a drink of water using a cap of a water bottle. Well, he managed to spill on himself so he lifted the lid up directly over my laptop. Before I could quickly close it, he managed to get some on the worst possible part. The keyboard. It froze up and shut down now. I can only hope that it can recover by itself, but I don't think the odds are good.

I have a feeling that was a VERY EXPENSIVE, cap of water. The kids must have known how made I truly was because in 2 seconds all 3 of them were hiding in their bedrooms, with the doors closed. I don't think I ever saw them run that fast.

We made it in with all five of us. Barely. It was starting as we pulled in. I brought along a lawn chair, pillows,blankets and the swim raft's we used the other day. I was glad I did. We all played musical chairs, all night long switching places. Ratatouille was a cute movie. Pirates was a disappointment. Way to long. Way too many twists and turns. I didn't like Spiderman 3 for the same reason. We finally drove out, after getting a jump for our car battery, at 2am. The movie was still playing, but I think it was close to the end. I know I wasn't the only one that thought the same, there was not a lot of cars left at that point.

No comments: