Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Ma Ma Shopping trip.

I was able to spend some time without kids and without anything going on. It was a nice change. I took this time to do some much needed shopping. My job will be switching from wearing scrub tops to 'business casual', so I need to update my wardrobe.

There are some very good sales on right now, and I haven't been in a clothing section like that in a long while.
I found some shirts, unfortunately, not what I prefer. I am not a huge fan of 3/4 sleeves and that is practically the only thing out there.
As I violated the maxium number of garments to bring in the fitting room, I discovered some rules for shopping...
  1. If you are having difficulty getting it over your head, chances are it won't fit the rest of you.
  2. The words 'Modern fit' mean you will need the next size up, don't bother with the size you think you wear.
  3. When undressing, Never look in the mirror until you are dressed. Your in the store with size 2 mannequins, You will not appreciate the view.

I had over 3 hours to spend so I stopped in some 'Big Name' type stores. Hoping to score a few good deals. I am amazed at what we as a public are spending our money on! So much for Quality! WOW! I was amazed. I could have bought a long sleeve t-shirt material type shirt, that looked like it was put together by a 8th grader and worn 5 years, before going to the store! That was something like 15 bucks, on 'SALE'!!

Needless to say I didn't find anything there. As I continued a women stopped me to give me her sales pitch about some dead sea skin care. I will agree it was neat, but not for the 'great deal price of $59.95! Which shrunk down to $29.95. (I noticed online it is only $39.95 and the salt scrub she told me was $80 bucks I can buy for $64.95 online!)

I managed to sneak away from her by telling her I was going to stop back on my way out of the mall. Then I made sure I took a different way back to the car.

I managed to leave with just about what I came with, except I grabbed a Hot Dog and soda at Target.

No comments: