Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Happy New Year!!!

So here it is 2008.

Welcome everyone.

Some reflections? It was a pretty good year. Lost some weight. Kids are old enough to stay home alone. YES! Kids are old enough to know what I expect from them.

Brock has in some ways become a young man. He is beginning to realize when to kiss up. He has continued to kick some major butt with his grades!! (All A's and B's for the first Semester!)
He is still painfully shy. He plays more with Reeces' friends than kids his age. I believe it is because he doesn't read cue's real well and can come off as VERY annoying at times. Maybe we can work on this with him.
Reece has discovered food is fuel, not just something to do when you are bored. I continue to try and work on burning energy for him instead of "Here, eat this...", like it seems was the case when I grew up. He did a triathlon. Ran a few miles for me. He has done some push ups. His teacher at school even has a 2 minute drill every day they do 2 minutes worth of exercises. Reece has discovered how well he can do push ups. I think next summer I will add something like that to his chore sheet.
Zeb has grown up so much this year too. He loves school especially the bus ride with his friends. He doesn't want to grow up. He said he would like to stay five forever. He doesn't want any more birthdays. Today he asked for Star Wars Lego 2 video game and I suggested he ask for it for his birthday but he said, 'No, I don't want any more birthdays". Hmmmm. Maybe I will have to work on that with him. Right now I will settle on him learning to tie his shoes. That would be nice.

Last night, for my birthday, we took the kids out to eat at BJ's to eat and to the movies, Enchanted and I am Legend, then went home to play some games of Apples to Apples and Sorry Card Revenge. Reece was be big winner of the evening. As you can tell we partied HARD!

As it came to 11pm (midnight in New York) We opened the sparkling cider and the fancy plastic champange cups and went around talking about our goals for the year.

Brocks was to do better in school and get more friends. And do better at hunting. (that was just for Dad I think)

Reece's was to do 'more' with girls??? He would not elaborate, and get involved more in sports.

Zeb's was to get more lego's and cars. He doesn't quiet understand the concept yet.

Mine is to drop 20 more lbs. Win some money. Kick some triathlon butt. Simple. Just not easy.

1 comment:

Sara said...

Maybe Zebbie's resolution should be to grow his hair out long!