Thursday, January 17, 2008

Souper Stress

We have a patient at work that insists on bringing us the recipes every month from a local radio station. It is very sweet of her but we usually don't want them, since she wants us to make copies and give them to everyone... on company time, with company paper and machines... not high on our priority list. We like to stay employed.
Well, this week was Super Soups. There were two that caught my eye, so I made myself a copy. (only ONE!)

Stuffed Pepper soup and Reuben Soup.

I made Stuffed pepper soup on Tuesday. 1 lb ground turkey. 6 cans tomato soup. 2 cans tomato sauce, some green peppers, rice and onions... and wahla! It was magical. It worked! The kids liked it, the husband liked it... AND it only made it 2 days.

Ok, next up... Reuben soup...
It sounded good, all ingredients I like.

Red and Green peppers, onions, half and half, swiss cheese, sauerkraut, and butter. Sounded good to me!
So I had all the ingredients and began to throw it together. Everything was text book, saute' this, blend that, combine a, b and c. It looked GREAT! I left it sit for a few minutes to finish 'cookin'.

That is when I began to look at my darn Scrabble game on Facebook.

by the time I finished making my move... it was BURNT. ARRRRRGGGHHH!! Cream soups hate me I swear.
Maybe it is a hint. I didn't need those calories anyway. Grrrrr. All of the cheese turned chunky, and it looked more like broth soup than a cream soup. *sigh* Oh the time I spent cooking that!!! All Wasted... all for nothing! Whaaaaaaa Wha! snif... snif.

Ok Change of menu, Hot Dogs and tortilla chips...

No comments: