Monday, January 07, 2008

I'll Take a workout, oil change with a side of Pink Stuff,Please!

I had to squeeze in my workout, quickly before an oil change. While I was getting my oil changed I get a phone call from Z's school. He had a fever. 101 (underarm). He had been coughing for a few weeks now but he didn't have a fever.
Today he wasn't acting abnormal. He woke up with a aching head this morning but said nothing else all morning, so I sent him to school.

I picked him up, he was not happy. He really likes school and did not want to go home... until I told him I was going to take him right to the Doctor's office. I was still in my workout shorts, hair back in a ponytail, even water bottle in hand yet. One of the perks of working at the Doctors office is I can pretty much come down whenever I need to, which is nice.

After registering, we weighed him at 46 lbs (with his shoes on yet). He kept asking to go home. He was on the verge of tears the entire time. I think he was in so much pain from his head. The nurse gave us some samples of Advil Chewables to take for the pain. He loves the grape flavor Advil. The doctor was in quickly and he was diagnosed with an nasty ear infection. We got the yummy pink medicine Z likes.

He was so tired he fell asleep on the way home, We tried to get him to eat a Tuna melt but only a few bites made it in.
We managed to give him at least one dose of pink medicine before he fell asleep again.

Now, per doctor's orders, he will be off school until Thursday.

1 comment:

Sara said...

Confidential to Z: Auntie Sara is sick too. You get better soon, and I'll try too!