Sunday, September 21, 2008

Fox Cities Half Marathon Losers!


This weekend was the final weekend for our Biggest Loser Challenge at work. We did our final weigh in at 5pm. It was interesting since every other weigh in was first thing in the am, so we didn't have to eat anything before it. This happy girl is our WINNER!
This was Tammy and her Husband, Tim. She has been VERY lucky, he has been an HUGE motivator in this competition. He filled in for one of our girls that wasn't able to make it at the last minute, so he was able to be in the race with us.
Check out her BEFORE photo... Unfortunately the T-shirt doesn't do her justice, she looks GREAT!

Me, Sharon, Angie and Katie are all trying to keep our bodies warm while we wait for the beginning of the race to start. It was in the low 50's this am.

This is my bud Juls from way back. I have known her since I was in Elementary School. I was lucky enough to have her join me in this challenge which really helped make it more fun.

Just before the race, Dr Al Came up to us and gave us one of his famous pep talks. His Wife was doing the full marathon. She qualified for Boston today. She did great!


The short wait for the long start. There was over 6,000 people registered for today's race. You can see the balloon arch way up in the distance. Sharon, Angie and Tammy are waiting patiently in front of us.

Katie and Julie are coming up to the first stop in the race. A lot of the water stations were themed. The first one was M*A*S*H themed, complete with a Dr and a guy in a dress and boa! Loved it! I had to us the porta potty and it took me so long to wait for people that I had to run about 4/10's of a mile to catch up to Julie and Katie that I told to keep walking and I would catch up.
I didn't take many pictures from miles 2 thru 8, but at Mile 9.5 we were cheered on by an adorable young man, and his dad. Juls stopped to get some love and then we continued on to the finish line.

The finishing line balloon arch. Tammy, her husband Tim and Toni wait patiently as Teri is making her way into finish the race. We were all waiting to cheer her on, she managed a high five for us! Woo Hoo!! Finished Strong, she did.

I was so proud of all of these girls, they all pushed themselves to finish in under 4.5 hours!! They really accepted the challenge and excelled at it! They were so proud themselves as you can see, we even received some very heavy medals. I was hoping they all would've been able to join us. We missed 2 of our Losers, but we still had a great turn out! It was a Perfect day, um, minus my sore toe.... about mile 8 it was getting sore. This is my pretty blood blister that I ended up with... But it was all worth it...because...


I got my flowers from the girls and my new finishers medal!

1 comment:

Sara said...

Congratulations honey! I'm so proud of you! Good job!