Tuesday, December 09, 2008

So I have been MIA lately. Not intentionally.
I have not exactly been a slacker.
My middle Child had a birthday shortly after Thanksgiving. He is now 11. We had German Chocolate Cake and went out to eat at Golden Corral. He got one of the many Lego sets that he doesn't know I bought for Christmas for him from one of the Black Friday purchases I got from my shopping expo with my Sis. We hit 7 stores by 8am.

Today we had a nice snowstorm that kept the kiddos home from school for the day. I was glad. I did not want to have to drive the kids to school today. I had stopped at the store and picked up some ingredients to make cookies 'just incase' the snow day happened. So we made Merry Berry Cheese bars, Peanut Butter Blossoms, Gingerbread cookies, Sugar Cookies and Chocolate Mint Cookies. I had Zeb and Reece for the first hour, then later I had Zeb and Brock helping to cut out some sugar cookies. My favorite part of this pic is what Brock's Shirt says, as he is cutting out sugar cookies...

It Says 'Tough Guys Wear Pink'.

Obviously, he NEVER wears that to school.

1 comment:

Sara said...

He's only 11? He seems much older than that! I made cookies today too, and I worked from home today rather than go to work in the bad weather. Only my cookies were much better than you could buy at school. Chocolatey Chippy Yumminess.