Sunday, December 28, 2008

Going The Distance

For my birthday, I got an early gift from my sister... and ipod shuffle.
Yes!! Score!!
I can not tell you how excited I was.
Today the first of many training runs, targeted to prepare for Sarasota in February. And Yes, the shuffle was there. It worked GREAT!

My accomplice, K and I have been training longer than today but now we are working on mileage rather than time. Today was 3 miles. It was the longest I ran since my surgery and it went really well. The first time was only 20 minutes because I had a side ache, but this time the ache wasn't as bad and went away completely. Believe me after the first 20 minutes I was doing great. Not fast as before but I felt great!

I love that I have someone to train with. K has been doing really well. She sticks it out, with minimal walk breaks.

It is so hard training by yourself. Time DRAGS. My sister does really well by herself, but she does more outdoor training. Even in this yucky Wisconsin weather. I don't like cold. I do miss running on my country roads by my house.

It is now 6 weeks away. Hmm. I wonder if I should start tanning? You don't want a sunburn right?

6 weeks.

No turning back. No reason not to complete this.
Goin' the Distance.

No comments: