Sunday, October 31, 2010

Frightful Five - Happy Halloween!

1. On Saturday I gave each of the kids a task to do. One of them had to clean the toilets, another vacuum, another dust with Pledge. Zeb went a bit crazy with the dusting and somehow our floors got very slippery, so we had some fun running and sliding down the hall with our socks or a rug for some physical fun.

2. Duner is now employed by Amazon.com for the holiday season. He starts next week. He will work Monday thru Friday 6:30-10:30 and he is hoping for some Saturdays. We are trying to save up to buy a new fridge. We are currently using our fridge we used to keep in the garage in Kaukauna. Kinda small and I miss the ice and water dispenser...

3. This week was very emotionally draining. Last Friday my Aunt passed away, her funeral was on Tuesday. When I went into work on Monday, I found out an employee had died in a Murder-suicide. We were shocked to find out about that, but even more so when it was announced later that it was she was the one that killed her husband. We can only guess, but we are hoping it was some sort of mercy killing. They both had recently had doctors appointments, and she did not want to discuss them. Very sad situation.

4. BUT at my Aunt Phyl's funeral... I had a great time with some cousins we didn't get to see enough growing up. They were further away from our home, but though the magic of FB we talk more now than ever and we laughed and remembered Aunt Phyl with the best stories. I left with Zeb on Monday after school arrived at my sister's new home called 'Greyhaven' near Janesville about midnight. After a quick tour of her home, in which she showed us all of the 'hidden' areas (a closet and a SECRET room!) I was beat and glad to sleep that night. I LOVE my GPS, it got me right to her place! It was a good visit, wish it could have been longer...

5. I love our neighborhood, we have Great Neighbors!! As today was Halloween, Zebbie was over the moon excited to get his 'chainmail' on and scope the area for some sugar. When we were at my sister's she let Zeb try on a chain vest Uncle J had made when he was younger. He loved it, slept in it (or tried to) , he wore it at the funeral, wore it at home, to school, anytime he could he was wearing it!
So, as we went around the neighborhood, we ran into a lot of adults in costume! It was so fun! There was Sherlock Holmes and Watson, raggedy Ann, a cowboy, chicken (that freaked out a boy and pretended to be dying, hilariously!), a devil, and lots of many neighbors sat at the end of their driveway handing out candy... we met a couple that moved from Lomira,Wisconsin in July and another woman that I might go running with and is thinking about doing a FULL MARATHON appropriately called the Flying Pig Marathon...in May for the first time.. I might just join her, she invited me running with her, Zeb has played with her son, Will. AND she has never doing a triathlon before! I may just have a new partner in crime! : )

Ok, I have got to get to bed, but have a great week everyone!

No comments: