Sunday, October 10, 2010

Sunday Seven

1. This am I started off bright and early with a 10 mile run. It was my last long run before my half marathon on Halloween (in Chicago). It begin in the dark, with the stars, then I got to watch the Sun rise, and then finally the beautiful TREES!

2. We are getting to Peak Fall color right about now here. They said due to the dry summer the colors would not be as nice as they could be but they are still pretty sweet!

3. I found out you can buy Starbucks syrup! So,I picked up an Espresso machine, and have been a Mocha Mama. I can make my very own Dark Chery Mocha! Love it! And so do the kiddos! Every morning for the last 3 weeks, we have had to make a mocha for each kid. There is a TON of milk in Mocha's and very little coffee. I am wondering if I should invest in a cow.

4. We have been able to hang up some things on the walls. It is finally beginning to look like OUR house. I loaded up the tool belt with nails, screws, tape measure, pencil, level, drill and hammer. I was a hangin' machine today.

5. I have gotten my hours increased to 32 (hrs per week) at the hospital, so I am able to quit the YMCA's. My last day was Wednesday and I treated the crew to Starbucks VIA flavored coffees and cookies. It went over quite well.

6. Duner has been hunting on some public land behind our Church. He has seen a lot of deer. They are skinnier than in Wisconsin. We see a lot of them driing to Church too. It is a really rural area. I saw a 6 pointer the other day, it came up to some horses and it wasn't sure about them... it was funny to see.

7. We painted our office and part of our living room this weekend. Toffee Crunch and Gobi Desert were the colors. We used Toffee Crunch at our old house, I loved it so much I wanted to use it here too. The last time we painted the cat ended up getting diarrhea and didn't want to use the litter box for a few weeks. We kept her locked in a bathroom for a while and let her out from time to time, now I think she is ok... but not really sure why that happened.

No comments: