Saturday, January 01, 2011

So long 2010!

2010 was a year of change.
Began the year in Wisconsin and ended it in 66 degree weather in Louisville, near my favorite, the KFC (Yum!) Center!! I am NOT MAKING THAT UP! How can you not like a place with Yum in the title??
Ok, so I wasn't able to get my training in while in Wisconsin so I gave up the 10 mile Hangover Run in Louisville, but I still wanted to see what the place was like... so we decided to rent a car that would ensure we actually would make the trip to Louisville and back without breaking down, while being easy on the pocket book.

I went on tripadvisor.com and made reservations for us at a place called Bucks. They said on the website, it was a 'romantic' place with prices about $20. Perfect, since the kiddos didn't want to go on a road trip.

We arrived early and tooled around the city, getting familar with it. We didn't have enough time to do much except tour the area.

Once we found the place and got seated, we had a menu on the plate... it was a 'special' night so all they had was a 'meal' for $75 PER PERSON.
I had NO idea. I wish the lady on the phone would have told me that... needless to say, we quickly took off and found a nice place across the Ohio river, technically in Indiana, called Buckhead Mountain. We had a perfect seat overlooking Louisville, just in time to watch the sun go down.

Our waitress, seemed a bit stressed out and didn't give us much time. So we quickly ordered an appetizer to get more time... a combo sampler of tater skins, cheese bolders, and fried green tomatoes. We had to try 'em... they weren't too bad.. The tomatoes reminded me of deep fried zuchini. Didn't care for the cheese bolders. They were a mix of cream and cheddar cheese battered.
After the sampler platter and my salad, I was full so I brought home my entree of ribs. (the kids loved that)

We managed to drive home uneventfully and hung out until 10pm, when we got tired and headed to bed. No need to stay up til 11pm to watch the ball drop, since we were now on eastern time so it was going to be Midnight to watch the ball drop. No way I could have made that.

Needless to say we quietly ended 2010 from our peaceful bed as we slept... party animals I know.

No comments: