Sunday, January 23, 2011

Sunday Six

6. Snow days so far this year for the boys I think is at 6 or 7 right now. We are supposed to get more next week. They only had 3 days of school last week, and the first week in January. Well, at least it saves me on lunch money.

5. My Cello player decided to try and practice, just as my husband and oldest decided to play keep away with the husbands hat. As Reece, hauled out the cello, he was bumped and landed on top of the cello. It is a Shanghai Cello. Not Cheap. Hopefully they can fix it. The woman I talked to about it, asked if we put it on our homeowners insurance. 'Um, No.' I said. I didn't even know we were supposed to. It was still in the case when Reece fell on it, too bad it wasn't a hard case, like this...

4. Well, the season job Duner picked up for the holidays, said "Thanks now leave." on Saturday. The money was nice. It will be missed... but he is on the 'good boy list', so they said they will welcome them back next year.

3. One 'perk' if you will, for endurance training is the appetite reduction. Otherwise known as nausea index. You, or at least I do,know just how hard you push yourself with the workout by how nauseated I am after the workout. Especially after a long one. I ran for 2 hours on Saturday and had zero appetite. Thirsty? OH yeah!! But I ate as much as I could anyway. Especially protein.

2. After my 11 miles on Saturday, I was pleasantly surprised that I could actually walk and wasn't stiff on Sunday like I thought. I was struggling after those miles. Especially when I thought about how that isn't even HALF of the miles I will be running! By 9 miles I thought, gee, I only have to do this 2 more times for the race. But after stopping to drink some water, feeling my legs start to hate me, I realized I forgot my energy gel and missed it greatlly. I had think about the people that do Ironman's without a leg, or pushing a child along the way...I was whining, and had NO reason to complain. Suck it up, Buttercup.


1. I am looking SO forward to the SuperBowl this year. It is more fun, to be an out-of-state fan, than an 'in state' fan. When you live near by you get pounded by the media with all things . I remember how they were in the Superbowl back in 1996, it was fun, but a bit of overkill.... but now? GO PACK GO!!!

No comments: