Friday, January 28, 2011

To the UA!

So, I said 'Buh-bye' to the friendly YMCA this week and Helloooo to the the big box gym called Urban Active.

For half the price it has more of what I use. Treadmills, running track (my personal fave), boot camp, TV's with health nuggets randomly in cue, lap pool, nice locker rooms (that don't smell nasty), and all kinds of weight machines!

Oh, and a cardio cinema that is just like a movie theater only with treadmills, ellipticals, and recumbent bikes. It is even REALLY dark, just like a theater, which made me ask... 'Don't people fall off the machines?'... to which he replied. 'Yeah, sometimes.."

Well, ok.... but the SOUND was really cool!

So, in addition to the fun new things to try out, I got a 'complementary' personal trainer session. Lucky me. First they HUMILIATE YOU, encouragingly, then hit you with the price tag. (bummer) I would LOVE to be able to afford a personal trainer, two or three times a week! But I can't. It was nice. I agree with what they said.
I need to do different exercises to build muscle. And not machines, but plymotetric exercises. No denying that fact from me!

Well, I had the privilage of having a guy with 2% body fat, just how much fat is on my body. HAHAHAHAHAHA~ Life can be so cruel. I had to hold my arms out straight and hold tight on the handles of what looked like a giant PS3 controller. I still wish I knew the trick to cheating on that test!

Ok. So I get it, I wish I could afford it... Time to break out those Jillian Michaels DVD's and keep on truckin' with the training.

No comments: