Friday, April 01, 2011

The Not so great Boot Camp.

My perfect little plan for weight loss included meeting my Trainer on Tuesday's, Thursday Boot Camp and my killer long runs on Saturday's. At least until the half marathon on May 1. Well. Not so sure about that now. *sigh* I LOVE BOOT CAMP. Been doing it for years. I finally have a trainer that really pushes me. I think. BUT, the boot camp instructor on Thursday is NOT the same one that teaches on Saturdays. J.D. is the trainer on Saturday's. J.D. is an ex-marine who is VERY serious about his job. He has a passion, that makes you want to do more, push harder, and just keep going. He WAS teaching on Thursdays, until recently. The NEW Thursday instructor is named Gage. I like that name, my God son is also named Gage. Gage is a 'sales person' who does the 'come and join personal training workouts.' He is physically fit and 'nice looking' more of a model to sell you on personal training. I have a strong dislike for sales people. I don't like fake. As I said in my last post, they tend to bring out the worst in me. Gage did NOT IMPRESS me at all. First of all, class begins at 6pm. He casually walks in at 6:20 pm. No apologies. Just casual. Secondly, he kept forgetting what we were going to do. Third he talked about how he couldn't wait til this class was over to go party since it was opening day for the Cincinnati Reds (and they had just won). Fourth, he didn't motivate me at all. I like encouragment, as in, Hey! Try to keep your butt down, or Hey! Get closer to the ground. Fifth, He did no correction at all. I like to know if I am doing something wrong. Oh if anyone else is, so I can learn from them do it correctly. I ended up leaving early. I am the mother of 3 kids. Even with an 'empty' bladder, I STILL can not do jumping jacks for 3 minutes without having, um, issues. I didn't exactly need to announce my delema, so I quietly just left. And didn't come back. I think I can get a better workout from a Jillian Michaels DVD. Maybe Thursdays are going to me my 'video with a trainer' night instead. Come May 7th, I will be back with J.D. I can't wait.

No comments: