Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Life is Good...

Well, Reece spent the weekend grounded. By Sunday night he was watching the clock so he could go to bed at 8:08pm. (I don't know why the :08 part) But he was not grounded come Monday. So since his Brother Brock went shopping for a birthday present with Aunt Sara from all the way down in Verona (near Madison), he wanted to play that game in the worst way. Brock was very excited to go shopping with Aunt Sara. He did it last year with her and Loved it! He couldn't forget it. He was hopeful that she was going to do it again. After they went shopping we had pizza at our parents house and made baby shower invites that was fun. It was good to use some paper punches and scissors I had gotten but never used.
Anyway, Come monday morning at 3:30 am I woke up to hear Reece turning on all the lights and heading down stairs to play the game he patiently waited for SO LONG (thats 24 hrs in 7 yr old terms). Needless to say I told him it was too early and he should get to bed. He waited till 4 am. I heard him trying to be as quiet as possible heading downstairs. I realized it was inevitable. He was going to be awake no matter what.
I yelled at him ' If you insist on playing just eat something first".
To which he replied ' Ok!"
For me it was a very stressful Sunday where we had a meeting about the cabin we have up north. I had email everyone with some issues that we had never discussed and a few people were not happy about it. So I expected the worst. But it went fine. Everything I said was agreed to by everyone. I just don't know why some people were mad?
Then there was Zeb. Over the weekend I had to rewrite a check to the babysitter, AKA Grandma Z, because he chewed the numbers off the bottom. And for apprx. 6 weeks we were missing our check book. I wasn't very worried. It was Zebbed. I had it last and I know I put away in the roll top desk drawer that I always do. I had just made out bills. I never take it anywhere. We knew Zeb had something to do with it we just didn't know where. Anytime we would ask him he would show us his toys. We'll he ended up putting it in some paper that I had in the file drawer in the desk. Life is good. All is well. I know eventually they always show up.

No comments: