Saturday, March 12, 2005

The Plight of the Sick

I work at a Doctors office. This year in Wisconsin has been peticularly bad for fever, cough and vomiting. We have sanitizers all over the office. We have them for patients and for employees. I try to use it as often as I can since ours has moisturizers in it. I hope I did Thursday or Friday. I just hate the thought of bringing my work home to the kids. Especially Zeb. He is only 2. At that age they are blessed to recover quickly but they don't realize why it is happening. I can only hope he picked up a bug by crawling around on the floor at the resturant we ate at last night.
Well don't read the rest if you have a weak stomach. Last night I woke up to Zeb throwing up right next to me where Dad normally sleeps. (Good thing he is out of town) So, at 1:45am I was changing bedding and putting it in the washing machine. I was too awake to go back to sleep. I had the bucket ready, a towel down and the TV on (for a night light) to be ready for the next time.
I tried explaining the concept of throwing up in the bucket, but that never quite sunk in. Next time he pushed the bucket away and spit up on the sheet. Luckily it was only spit. I figured that would happen so I put some not so favorite sheets on the bed.
I better go off to heal the sick....
Later.

No comments: