Sunday, April 10, 2005

Busy Weekend.

Duner and I went up to Minocqua for a much needed time away from the kids last night. We had a great time. I got to go for a peaceful walk while he bowled in a tournament with some buddies. One of the guys he bowled with was someone I went to Junoir High with. It was fun. He was one of the boys that you never had a 'crush' on but always fun and nice. He still is. It had been 15 years already since I had seen him. He went to a different high school then me. We stayed a hotel within walking distance to the 'downtown' area. Everyone was able to come and go. No one had to worry about who was driving. I am not much of a binge drinker. I had 1-2 drinks of Cranberry and Malibu, then I switched to water. I believe it is more fun to be the sober one to tell the person the next day, 'Do you know that you did this...?'.
It was funny because 3 of the guys in the group of about 9 guys were lawyers. Two were defense attorneys and one was a real estate attorney. If you would have seen these guys you would have not guessed that is what they do. Maybe just one of the 3.
We treated our selves to the Best room at the inn. Being off season we got it really cheap. We had a couch, fireplace and jacuzzi in our own room. The hotel did have a pool and whirlpool, but we didn't have the kids so we splurged. Besides my OB doctor released all restrictions on Thursday. We felt like we were dating again. The guys at the bars kept telling us to get a room. I just love the fact that after 10 years (and 3 kids) we still have such a strong bond. We have our disagreements but in the end all is good.
It was a rejuvenating weekend.

No comments: