Saturday, April 16, 2005

No need to hire an exterminator...

I know it has been a while since I last written, It has been a busy week. Monday and Tuesday we spent most of our time unloading our Living Room and Dining Room of furniture for the men to refinish our floors. Originally I wanted everything to go in the garage, just in case it rained, but the bigger items were just to heavy. So our sectional couch and my roll top desk had ended up on our front porch. My entertainment stand is now in my kitchen. We will probably be moving those in today.
We lucked out weather wise, it couldn't have been better. We had spent the last couple of days at my parents home sleeping, we tried to maybe come home thursday night but the smell was so STRONG, I couldn't even stay in the house long enough to open a window. I had to keep going out side and breathe, then go back in. I don't know what they used but it was Nasty!
We had our whole house fan on for 2 1/2 hours yesterday with the windows open to help with the smell. It helped a lot, but you can still smell it a little. I know eventually it will all go away. Today I went to my closet and it has lingered in the clothes. They have become very fragrant. The good thing is if we had any mice in our house the would be no more. I don't know if that would work for spiders but if it does, YIPPEE! My sisters used to put centipides in jars with nail polish remover and watch them die and turn color. It was quite neat. They would turn a really neat shade of purple. After thinking about that smell reminded me of the nail polish remover, I am now quite confident our spider/centipide friends are gone. At least for now.

No comments: