Monday, February 20, 2006

Blast!

That is the best way to describe our weekend. What can I say the kids LOVED it, the weather was not bad at all (shame on you weathermen) and we met some very nice people.
I tried with no avail to get my sister to come along with us but she couldn't muster the strength to blaze the winter breeze. I was a little leary about the temp but I firgured the best we could do was try it and hide in the 'shack' if it was too cold.

As soon as we pulled in we were greeted by the people in the car next to us that immediately
said' This is like SUMMER today compared to yesterday!!" YeaHHH!!! Good vibes right off the bat. We entered the shack, paid (not cheap for a family of 5) got our boots, ski's and poles (at least poles for Duner and I). One of the employees said " Lots of soft snow out there for falling down." GREAT, more good news! Soft landings. Next we headed off to the bunny hill.

First to go was our fearless Reece, in no time at all he was at the bottom watching others as they had paid for there lesson. He just watched what the lady told her student and off he was. He mastered the tow rope on the first try. Brock didn't quite fair that well as he fell down halfway up the hill. After an hour or so Zeb had to use the bathroom and didn't want to leave the snack shack because he saw video games. I stayed in the shack with Zeb, had some hot cocoa and cheese fries. Duner went to some 'bigger hills' with the boys. They were up and down several different hils. They stopped in for a break and a cold soda and then were off. Zeb wanted to go to so we went to the 2 person lift and headed to the top. Duner took Zeb with him and Brock, Reece and I all rode alone.
I was terrified for Zeb. One little shift wrong and he was going to drop 50+ feet easy. I don't know how Duner got him off but he said Zeb was just fiine for the trip. He was scared at first but then did just fine. That was the only time we did the chair lifts with Zeb.
After that I did one hill while Duner stayed with Zeb and then Zeb wanted to leave so he and I went to the hotel while Duner and the other boys finished their fun day.
We ended by going to Taco Johns for lunch/supper and swimming, rescuing Zeb from a swim and watching some sunday night tv.
I could go on, but I don't want to make anyone jealous.
Just Kidding... It was very fun, but this AM I recieved a phone call from my work, a co-workers brother-in-law was killed and her son was injured in a snowmobile accident this weekend. I am hopeful that this experience will help her ex-husband realize just how dangerous some of his toys are. Her Brother in Law was who Duner and his Brother beat last year at the Labor day horseshoe tournament. He was 36 and had 2 little girls younger than Reece. They Loved Zeb. They were pretty cute too. Our thoughts and prayers go out to them.

No comments: