Saturday, March 25, 2006

Getting ready for a WAR

On Friday May 5th Brock will become a Union Solider for a Civil War Reenactment at School.
The kids must wear appropriate clothing. I will be making a trip to Goodwill soon to find a dark or navy jacket. I don't want an nice clothing since it is a WAR reenactment. He also needs a KEPIS, which was a hat worn by Union Soldiers. If anyone knows where I might find a CHEAP one of those let me know!
Also I will be on the lookout for a canteen. I know we used to have one a my parents house but I will be on the lookout. They want the kids to have an old womens purse to be used for cartridge boxes carried by soldiers for ammo. But I have a hard time believing the teachers are going to get the boys to strap on purses.

2 comments:

Sara said...

There is an argentinan kepis for sale on e-bay. 6.90 right now. Also, I happen to work with a costumer for plays at a local theater. Let me check with her...

Sara said...

Oh, forget the ebay one...9.00 to ship it FROM ARGENTINA...Yikes