Thursday, March 16, 2006

A town called Ziemendorf???? Maybe!

We returned yesterday from San Antonio,Texas. We had a very good time. We arrived at 8:40 pm on Saturday, checked in and proceded to the local wattering hole for some beverages and then went to bed. The next day we went to the Alamo (which is right in Downtown San Antonio) and the Riverwalk, which is right next to the Alamo. The Riverwalk is shops, hotels, resturants and bars that are built in to the banks of a river and there is a sidewalk that butts right up next to the river. We wondered how many people got drunk and walked into the water.
Anyway after that we headed to Corpus Christi for the bowling tournament that was the purpose of our trip. I noticed this sign when we stopped at a gas station for snacks on our way. My maiden name was Ziemendorf, I never thought it would make a city or town name but maybe there is hope! I feel sorry for the Texans that live in Elmendorf.

Well I will type more later but I have to get the kids ready for school.
The rest will have to wait.

2 comments:

Sara said...

Actually, there is a town called Ziemendorf in Germany. I'm not really clear where; but if you type in "Ziemendorf" to Google, you'll see a lot of German language websites about it. Someday I'll visit it and take a picture under the sign.

Duners2 said...

Ok Sis!
You and Me in Germany, France and Maybe even other countries in 2008 sometime. Start saving 30 bucks a month by summer 2008 you could have 800 bucks for a trip to europe and we could both get out pictures under the sign! Duner told me he has no problem with me leaving him!!! If we would do it in the summer he would probably take off work and go up north to the cabin.
Sound good?