Monday, May 22, 2006

Counting Down

The Boys will be out of School soon, We have signed them up for some summer classes in June but otherwise nothing. That was mainly to meet kids their own age to prepare them for school in the fall. As each year closes I think of all these wonderful chores for summer. I have written down a list of chores that will be put in a jar and each day they must do 2 of them. They are mainly house cleaning right now, but I want to do something for them to read this summer. They have suddenly found much enjoyment reading Franny K Stein books. They are both at the same reading level, which is kind of nice, The books can get read twice. I think Reece is ahead of Brock but he doesn't rub his nose in it. Which is SO nice! Reece is a Great kid, he really is. He likes to be happy go lucky and has a terrific sense of humor. I have high hopes for him to do well in school and maybe college. Brock I don't see going to college at all. I hate to say it but at 18 I don't see him moving out. He just lacks motivation and drive. Zeb well he is just to young to tell. Although, he definitely has drive. He likes to keep pushing till he gets what he wants. Yesterday the landscapers were here working on the lawn and I didn't want him to go outside so I wasn't going to put on his shoes, That didn't stop him at all... He went to Brock and Reece, Brock put on one for him and Reece the other, so he made it outside.
The first weekend in June is a Fishing Tournament Again for the boys out at the same place I will be doing the Triathlon (gulp). They had fun last year but Duner had to work so he couldn't make it. I told Duner to try to avoid working on that day. It is a Sunday morning so I hope he can be there. I don't remove fish from hooks. I step on them, hold them with my foot get the hook out and kick them back into the water. Not very humane I know but that is the only way I will do it. Luckily last year, Angie(a friend from work) was there with her Daughter and Husband and so he removed the hooks for us. I have coached Brock all year now, if he has a choice between a BIKE or A WALK DOWN THE LINE what should he choose????
BIKE! BIKE! BIKE!!!!!

1 comment:

Sara said...

I don't know if we can judge Brock quite yet. He really likes science, and there are plenty of science nerds at the UW. He might be slow in other areas, but properly stimulated, he might surprise you.