Monday, May 15, 2006

Happy Mothers Day

Yesterday morning my kids tried to make me breakfast for Mothers Day. Brock started with the pancakes and Reece helped with the Bacon. Brock has ADHD and I could see it yesterday as he took 10 times longer than the average person to get the pancakes ready. All you need to do is add water. But he somehow could not find the 3 other measuring cups I have, and felt he had to use the one he used on Saturday to make Mac-n-cheese. He started off by looking for oil,which I thought was odd considering you should only have to use water. Turned out he was looking at the Waffle directions. I was picking up the house while he got going on the cooking. A short time into it I could smell something burning. A smell I am quite used to since I get off track while waiting for things to cook. I am not so patient for cooking. I checked and both Brock and Reece were manning their posts but Brock had his up a little high and was burning the pancakes. By then he was on number 3 burnt pancake. Always the optimist, he told me 'At least the other 2 are ok.'

1 comment:

Sara said...

awww...they tried to make you breakfast! How cute is that?