Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Book Worm

Reece is a reading machine. I got him a Captain Underpants book today from the Library and he already finished it! He didn't put it down! Today while Brock had Lego and Woodworking class Reece and Zeb never turned on the TV. This summer I told them they have 'Equal time Electronics' Which means however long they watch TV or play video games they need to do that same amount of time cleaning, reading or active play. I don't want them to sit around and become Lazy.
Reece is doing GREAT! Brock is the slacker. I am glad I have him in his classes to allow Reece time to get in to a routine so Brock won't poison him right away with laziness. As you can tell I am a little frustrated with Brocks Laziness. He likes to 'hide' stuff in his room when he cleans and he has gotten in to a habit of saying one thing when it is a total lie. I hope he meets a few good kids at school for him to latch on to. He used to have a good friend named Ben 3 yrs ago on Lawrence St, but they moved out to Sherwood. At least he will be in the school district. They did go to private school but maybe they will somehow end up in public school. Brock said that he likes the 'pick your path' type books. The ones that you chose the story line. I am going to see what I can find out about who writes these books and see if the library has them.
I better get looking. The library has a neat program in which they keep track of the books that are read and give you credit for reading them at your school.

3 comments:

Sara said...

OOOHH!!! Choose your Own Adventure Books! I LOVED THEM!

They recently were reissued too!

Here's the Amazon.com link.

Or I bet you can find them at the library.

Sara said...

And this link too!

Sara said...

I think that it is the Captain Underpants books that allows you to find out what your secret Captain Underpants name would be ... like Poopy Grundynickers...what's Reeces?