Sunday, June 11, 2006

Workout Weekend

I just came back tonight from a weekend in Verona. I was visiting my sister and doing a trial run of the triathlon in 2 wks. Already!
First things first I should go back to the flag day parade the boys were in.
Saturday was the Huge Appleton Flag Day Parade. Brock and Reece were able to walk in it for Boy Scouts. Reece was all embarassed because I had just sewn on his patches from the year that he had gotten to his shirt. I was guess on some of the since they give you so Many! He told a friend, "my mom just sewed these on but she doesn't know where they go." as he held his arms over them to hide them. His friends really didnt seem to mind at all.
While waiting for the parade to start an official came up to their group and asked if any of the boys would like to be the banner holders for the UW Marching band. They are a fun group from the University of Madison that know how to have fun. I thought it would be great! Others didn't. Brock liked it, But since no one else would Brock couldn't either.
After that I dropped the boys with Grandma and Grandpa and headed down to visit my sister in Mad City. We ate a very cool pizza place called Ian's Pizza.
We decided to see a movie but that wouldn't be on til 9:15 so we had some time to kill. Right now all around the capital and State St they have 'Cows on Parade'.
I really liked the Choc 'cow' late Milk cow. Now I can say chocolate milk really does come from Chocolate cows!
We also stopped at a cafe and I had a wonderful chocolate cheesecake and Sara had an Irish Cream cappacino with Biscotte. We went to the movie which suprised me by just how busy it was in the theater. We saw The Break Up. I was told it was very funny. I was a little disapointed by it. I thought it would have been funnier. I don't want to give anything away.

The next morning I woke up kind of early but went back to bed since it was 6:30 am and I really didn't have to stay awake. Sara woke up to feed Monty and went back to bed.
About 8:30 or so we started to get ready to go on our bike/run. Some friends of hers stopped by and joined us, we ate breakfast and finshed our ride and run. I set out about 2pm so I could make it home in time for Duner to leave for work.

Well I better get some house cleaning done.
Back to the grind...

1 comment:

Sara said...

I hope you didn't come down with a nasty sore throat! I had a great time with you this weekend and remember, anytime you need a break, my door is always open!