Monday, February 05, 2007

And now, The REST of the story...

OK, so last time you knew we were patiently waiting for a new hard drive to appear for out 30 day old Gateway computer from Circuit City.
Duner calls me a work on Wednesday to tell me it came in. WAAAHHHOO! I go home and check it out. It was NOT a hard drive. It was a cable that may connect a hard drive but NO HARD DRIVE.

I call Gateway customer useless department, which is NOT a free call (why use a toll free number for people that shell out hundreds of dollars on their computer). I wait on hold for over 8 minutes, while the recording tells me the estimated wait time is only 2 minutes. It must be in dog year time or something.
I get Mr. Badge number 75021 on the phone who tells me after five more minutes that he can't help me do to his computer down for some maintnance. WONDERFUL. He tells me to call back in 2-3 hours to see if they can order me another new part.
I don't think so.

I immediately call Circuit City. This was the last straw. I think I have been more than patient, it was time for some action. I have the number memorized by now. I asked for the manager. It's pretty said when you know Ashley and Ashley (manager), Chad, Mike and now Brad (manager) all work at Circuit City. I got Brad on the phone. I am sure he is used to hearing people complaining and venting to him, so at first he did the 'that is not Circuit City's fault' routine, then I reminded him of the problem I had when I went to get it and it wasn't ready, the rebate problems I had with the staff and the fact that the computer was less than two weeks old when all this started. He then said "How about a brand new computer with Vista already on it?"
'That would be great!" I replied sarcastically. In my mind I was thinking so I can go through this all over again?
I had to bring in the junk computer and the old computer I had with the good hard drive so they could transfer files on to the new computer. I met Chad at the counter. He is the one that figured out the hard drive was bad this last time. I told him not to lose the old computer with the good hard drive. I told him I was going to hold him responsible. I noticed a Best Buy sticker on the side of the old computer and said "What's this?" I said that is from when they told me the motherboard had fried out. He repeated "What's this? " again, so I said "I never had any problems with them!"
He then made a noise like I had just punched him in the stomach.
Next time, Back to Best Buy.

No comments: